RI DRUG DEFENSE LAWYER
If you have been charged with a drug-related crime in Rhode Island, you need legal representation to ensure that you protect your rights. An experienced RI drug defense lawyer will fight to keep you out of jail, save you money and avoid damage to your personal and business reputation. For this reason, you should contact Attorney Terence Livingston as early as possible after your arrest.
You cannot afford to take even relatively minor drug charges lightly. You need a Rhode Island drug defense lawyer to ensure that you have a strong defense in the federal or state courts that will push the prosecution and help you secure the best possible resolution for your case.
Attorney Terence Livingston can bring more than 30 years of experience to your case. We are knowledgeable criminal defense attorneys who know state and federal drug laws and how the criminal justice system works in Rhode Island. We will work tirelessly to pursue the best possible outcome for you. Contact us right away to discuss your case.Contact Us 24/7
Were Your Fourth Amendment Rights Violated?
Most strong drug charge defenses begin with looking at the legality of the search. If the search was not conducted in a way that respected your Fourth Amendment right to be free from illegal search and seizure, any evidence found during that search may be inadmissible. A prosecutor cannot proceed on a drug charge without the drug evidence itself.
As a RI Drug Defense Lawyer, I defend people against state and federal drug-related charges such as:
- Drug possession
- Drug trafficking
- Prescription forgery
I take on cases related to drugs such as:
- Methamphetamine (crystal meth)
- Prescription drugs (Vicodin, Xanax, Percocet, etc.)
Why Get Help from a RI drug defense lawyer after a Drug Crime Arrest?
We can provide a wide range of services if you have been charged with a drug-related offense. When you work with Attorney Terence Livingston, we can:
- Seek your release from custody while your case is pending.
- Ensure that you understand all legal, financial, and personal implications of the charges against you.
- Discuss your possible defenses and legal strategies.
- Review all options available to you, from entering a plea (in exchange for probation or a reduced sentence) to taking your case to trial.
We will thoroughly review all of the evidence against you, which will allow us to identify and assess potential problems with the prosecution’s case. For instance, depending on the facts and circumstances in your case, we may pursue defenses such as:
- The police obtained the evidence in a search or seizure that violated your constitutional rights.
- The police failed to advise you of your Miranda rights when they questioned you while you were in custody, including your right to remain silent and your right to speak with a RI drug defense lawyer.
- The police and prosecution relied on information from an unreliable informant.
- The forensic chemist failed to follow proper testing procedure.
- You did not knowingly possess the controlled substance.
Attorney Terence Livingston, a RI drug defense lawyer in Providence has decades worth of experience with defending clients, navigating the criminal justice system and dealing with police and prosecutors. More importantly, we do the hard work that it takes to mount an effective drug defense against a drug crime prosecution. We know that your future is at stake, and we will do everything we can to protect that future.
Rhode Island Drug Defense lawyer Located In Providence RI
When your future is at stake because of drug charges in federal or state court, turn to Terence Livingston, a RI Drug Defense Lawyer in Providence. To schedule a free initial consultation, call 401-861-8121 or contact my office online.